Tuesday, July 1, 2008

At a friend's wedding on Saturday (Congratulations Karen & Tim!), our Minister (Mike Smith) read what I felt were the most perfect wedding vows I have ever heard. Mike created these from his personal and professional experience with marriage, and agreed to share them with others via our blog.

To get rid of the blanks and him/her-s, I'm blogging them as though I was answering them myself.

Lisa, will you accept and embrace Todd as your husband?
Will you live with him in a holy marriage?
Will you love him, cherish
him, honor him, and respect him?
Will you pay attention to
him and build him up?
Will you strive to see and believe in the person God has destined
him to be?
Will you protect your own borders from other persons and interests so that you can maintain a capacity to love
him above all other persons, things, and ambitions?
Will you avoid controlling and possessing
him?
Will you seek instead to connect with
him through the mystic cords of divine love and grace?
Will you be faithful to
him as long as you both shall live?”

No comments: