Thursday, December 20, 2007

Freezing Fog Pictures

These pictures are from Monday, but this is the first I've had time to sit down and post them. We get Freezing Fog here fairly often in the winter, and the result is sort of a mini ice-storm effect on the trees that just seems to sparkle.

Because of the snow and the fact that I was on my way to work, I couldn't get far enough away from our oak tree to get the whole tree in these pictures.





Here's a tree close-up



Next, our tall grass, about to be cut down for the winter.



Finally, the skyline to the east.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you liked them!

Dan Searing said...

Beautiful pics, especially the ice fog..not a weather condition that gets mentioned out in DC much. Thanks so much for the family blog comment! You get first prize as our first non-test comment! With two Searing blogs now (I've not found any others...yet) surely some other Searings will start to notice...:))
Hope to see you next week in VA...
Dan