Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Snow of the Year


We may get more later this week, but right now it's just enough to look pretty. (When the sun comes up, I might try to get a better picture.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We actually got snow, too! Which is SHOCKING for South Jersey. It started yesterday mid-day and continued until at least midnight (when I went to bed). Icy slick roads this morning, and a few inches accumulation (enough to cover the grass and leaves completely). It took awhile to stick on the patio, but eventually piled up to about 3 inches even there. The dog LOVED it! (the kids, too, but the puppy had never seen snow before)

Lisa said...

For us to have any snow before February is odd, and we may get 2-4 more inches tonight. We have mixed precipitation and a chance of heavy icing over the weekend (not odd). Frankly, I'd rather have the snow. (That ice storm when I was in Philly with you for Thanksgiving was fun, though.)

You're a little more south than we are, but I imagine being closer to the ocean makes a difference in the weather too (is their ocean-effect snow?) Around lunch yesterday it snowed fairly heavily for a short time, and they said this morning it was lake effect snow that came all the way down from Lake Michigan to here!

Unknown said...

There's ocean-effect rain. The anti-snow. :(